If you are planning a trip to Miami during spring break you can consider renting a car here. Do you plan on staying in South Beach only? If so, you may get by with Lyft and Uber.
But if you are planning to explore this tropical paradise, reaching out to an exotic car rental in Miami may be wise. They have everything you need to make your stay in this Florida city worth every penny.
You can check out the fleet of cars on their official websites to get an idea of the rental rates. Renting a car isn’t that hard if you have insurance documents, a valid driver’s license, and credit cards. And of course, you must be above 21 years of age to be able to drive around.
What you should know before renting a luxury car in Miami
Why not rent a Ferrari or Lamborghini in Miami? Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? It’s actually not a bad idea if you want to travel in style within Florida.
Uber services and taxis can be quite costly because Miami stands for everything that is lavish and exotic. So, don’t expect anything to be cheap when you are holidaying here.
If you are an adventure lover, you will appreciate the freedom that exotic Miami rentals can offer. You don’t have to wait in line for cabs to arrive; neither do you have to shell out huge amounts of cash for covering short distances.
- If you plan to travel to Miami for a while and then rent a car to another destination close by, you can opt for a rental in the city close to your hotel. Else, you can choose to have the rental at the airport itself. All you need to do is provide details of drop-off and pick-up on the official websites of exotic car rentals.
- Before you choose a luxury car, you must have an idea of where you are planning to go inside the city and outside it. Rental costs will be much higher when you travel with more than 4 people.
- If the places you plan to visit are primarily in the city, make sure you choose a compact car that is easy to park. If however, you intend to drive around for miles on beach roads, you can look for other exciting amenities that appeal to you.
- Renting a luxury car means taking additional security precautions. But, if you are driving a convertible, don’t you want to have the top down if it’s sunny? Pick a model that is comfortable and stylish; make sure you know how to drive a stick-shift if needed.
- To rent a car here, you must be above 21 years of age. It’s important to know that rental companies can charge you more if you are less than 25. Have your driver’s license and credit card with you. In case you are visiting Miami from another country, carry your passport and an international driver’s permit.
- To make parking simpler, download a Miami Beach parking app wherever you are. This will help you find a place to park your rental car without much difficulty.
Besides, parking tickets, the most common charges that you may need to bear besides rental costs, are for damage, if any. The rental company may penalize you for a late drop-off or for returning their car without a full tank.